Monday, December 5, 2011

I Thought I Knew But Now I Really Know

As I reached up put my foot in the stirrup and threw my right leg over the saddle I had a rush of familiarity.  I knew that I had felt something was missing for years and in that moment on the horse I just knew we were making the right decision.

Two years ago we bought a home that I imagined I would be raising my family in but even when we signed the papers I just was not sure.  Don't get me wrong I loved the home and the finishes etc.  but I did not have the butterflies or rush that most first time buyers or really any buyers talked about.  I figured it was just emotions and feeling overwhelmed so I signed and moved in.  But after having B and really talking it out with hubby we are in agreement it is time to go.


I grew up in a small town and no matter how much I hated it as a teenager I have missed it since I left.  I have searched state by state looking for a small town with small schools and even those infamous nosy people that the towns are known for.  I had a list of towns near my husbands branches of his company but he just never seemed on board.  Well that was until I found a small town just up the turnpike from where we are now.


It is that town that you drive through and almost miss or that you stop for lunch in and think I could live here.  We are going from your stereotypical FL home with a pool and palm trees to a 2.5 acre property with trees and backing a National Forest.  As of right now I would say we are 98% in, the other 2% is filled with fear and emotions and questions of is this right.  But at this moment we are moving toward the ultimate goal.  


I rode Snow the horse around for less than 20 minutes that afternoon as I was nervous that I was loving it too much.  Hubby and B watched from the fence line.  As I could hear B's screams in the distance I took a few deep breaths knowing that we are in this as a family and that no matter how scary this all gets we are a team.  I made my way through the trees guiding her back to her next rider all while keeping my eyes my family.  I knew in that moment that for the first time in a long time all felt right with my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment