Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It's Getting Busy

I feel like I have not sat down in months.  Really this is the first time I have opened my lap top in I don't know how long and that is not common for me at all.

Easter we went to see my Dad and family and that was weird.  I just don't know.   While he can not talk he does have communication devices but he chose not to use them with me.  Even when we informed him of new information to as simple as how was dinner. 

I enjoyed seeing my family but was reminded that put 3 sisters in the same house for the first time in a few years and there will be fighting.  I don't mean major fighting but your typical sibling arguments and disagreements.

This was truly the first time I was able to compare my parenting with my sisters.  I have seen her in the past but it was either while they are on vacation or while my son was so young that he didn't need much parenting.  We are very different and that is ok.  We found ourselves in an argument over it and our styles and expectations but I just walked away and came back later.  Although I think it affected the last 2 days of the trip I am proud I stuck up for myself.

I feel like we were go go go before the trip and now go go go after.  We have the calendar full of appts, baby showers, birthdays and on and on and on.  While I am tired and just dream of a day in my pajamas I am so grateful for what we have.

When we drove home from the airport last week I felt a peace I had not felt in months or even years.  I felt like we were back home.  Like our little town noticed we were gone and the silence of our street missed the screams and coos of a loud toddler.  I breathed a little deeper on that trip knowing that I was excited to be home excited to see our exit and excited just to get back to our new norm. 

Who new our quiet town also meant non stop friends and activity.  Don't get me wrong I am loving it but I totally think Saturday calls for pj's for at least 1/2 the day~

2 comments:

  1. My sister is two years younger and lives across the country. As much as I miss her, anytime we are together for more than 3 days, we fight like crazy. We're just so different in every way except our stubbornness, which ultimately dooms us. PJ Saturday is a weekly thing in our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no place like home! We say that every time we step off a plane returning to Orlando (I'll be saying it in 2 weeks). At one time, we thought we wanted to move back to our hometown, then a family trip ALWAYS makes us realize that THIS is home! :)

    ReplyDelete