Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Finally Here

We have been at our new house a week and a half and so far so good.  While the move went smoothly the emotions have been up and down.  It is always hard to get used to a new space and town and throw in changing routines and hubbys promotion and it all just seems to blend together. 

I am so over cleaning and organizing but truth be told we still have two rooms to finish.  In the moments I want to pull my hair out I have found solace in the quietness and serenity that this house brought with it.  I now look forward to sitting down at the computer not just using the laptop as it sits in front of a window that I get to open and just breathe it all in.  The challenges have been in the yard as well as the differences between the homes. 

We have painted and cleaned and painted and cleaned just to make sure that we truly feel at home here while the days are long it was worth it on our first weekend here.  We got to go to a local festival and become part of the community.  It was a well needed reminder on why we wanted to move here in the first place. 

It is funny I keep getting told that this is no longer a small town but let me tell you compared to the suburbs of Orlando I would say we are in BFE.   One of my favorite things is the attention B gets.  We can not go anywhere without a smile or hello and that makes me feel like B will know a kinder type of humanity than the hustle and bustle that cities are well known for. 

The acreage is slightly intimidating but without a doubt has been wonderful.  We do not go a single day without heading outside and grunging it up.  I am not sure I will ever know true cleanliness again but I have enjoyed every minute of it.  B loves not having us right behind him as he runs and plays and climbs.  His face has said it all over the last week.  The smiles are plentiful and there is a contentment I have never known in him. 

We are still working through the bumps and I want to record more specifics for our memories later but for now I have to go get a little more done so we can just finally enjoy the day to day in our new home!

4 comments:

  1. I am sure baby B is loving his new digs! Let that boy run! Fresh air, dirt and acreage...every boy's dream! The place sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the move! It sounds great!! There is always an adjustment period in any big change but somehow when the kids are happy it makes it all worthwhile! I can't wait to read more adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new house! It's always good to have a fresh beginning, even if it takes some getting used to at first.

    Clarissa D
    VoiceBoks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across your blog. We moved out of Orlando for a small town & we're in DeLand and loving it!

    ReplyDelete