Friday, January 6, 2012

So Scared

Two nights from now I will be back in bed in this house after spending the day in the new house we are moving to and I am scared to death.  Excited but scared to death.  I know I sound like a big fat baby but I never claimed to do well with change.  I have always been a runner I am good at it, what I mean, I do not dump you I just stop taking your calls, I do not quit I just don't show up, see what I mean I do not like to plan out big things.  My day yes, but big things, no.

The house we are in now is wonderful it is bigger than we need, has custom cabinets, granite counter tops, custom baths, a pool, is in the suburbs and so on but we are leaving it.  And for a home that is much different.  We are trading in the pool for 2.5 acres, switching up the floor plan, losing some of the upgrades and even saying goodbye to the suburbs.  While I am thrilled and it is a dream I am scared to death.


We did not make this decision lightly but still I wonder do we really know what we are in for.  I do, I guess, I grew up in a small town and I know it is going to be hard at first but once you are in you are in so to speak.  I wonder will I miss the pool we never used.  Or will I miss the custom tile as I am in the bathroom of the new house.  I think it is fair to expect that at times I will miss this home but the one we are moving to is just the one that is meant for us right now.


Luckily we are able to rent before we purchase the owners are even open to allowing us to rent for a few years to make sure we like the area and the home etc.  What I love most is this has been a team effort.  With this home I saw it picked it and called hubby to come see it.  He said he liked and bam we were under contract.  See being in Real Estate I am sure I saw all the inventory before I even knew we were house shopping.  This home may have us and have a little paint but none of it was done by us.  This is what is so appealing about the new house.


The new house has just enough updating to make it updated but not so much that we can't get what we want when we are ready to purchase.  I would be able to get my dream kitchen and hubby his media room and so much more.  We can get animals or even put in a pool that is in our taste and we are just so tickled about it.  I truly am thrilled to hear hubby talk about it and shop for a riding lawn mower he is more excited than I ever anticipated.

For someone who grew up with a single mom renting small homes in a mountain town in Colorado calling many laundry rooms her bedroom, yep, I said laundry rooms!  I find it quite silly that I would be wondering will I miss my granite counter tops or my stainless steel appliances!  Oh how I know we are so blessed to have a home and a roof over our head.  I am also so blessed that we are listening to the Lord and our intuition on this one and know that it is by far the best decision for so many reasons.

Doesn't make it any less scary though!

5 comments:

  1. We have an older home and sometimes I wish I had those perks but then I realize I like the character of our home. I think you are both making a great move to fulfill one of your dreams. It may seem hard at first but just remember you had to change your entire life when B came along so you are getting better with the bigger changes in life! Keep your chin up and remember I am just a call or text away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been great at change myself my dear friend!! It scares the heck out of me, even when I know it's the right move for me. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this exciting and scary time!! Happy, happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. renting to buy is pretty genius, but I know what you mean about not making it any less scary. The whole change thing has always excited me and scared me all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be amazed when you feel at "home" in the new place without all the upgrades. Been there done that and when I look back, I say "what was I thinking" and "I didn't really need all that, THIS is what I really needed all along". Follow your heart! Change is scary, but you will conquer it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As people say "location location location". If your heart is in this new house, you can overlook tile and cabinets. I'm sure I'd be terrified too, it's a huge change! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete