Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Throw It All In

My hubby is on second shift right now which means dinner usually gets made before he leaves and we both heat it up whenever we are ready.  I just don't feel good about me getting fresh and giving him leftovers the next day.  Anyway, the other day I realized I had 30 minutes to get dinner done and very little in the fridge.

I knew I had hamburger and everything else to make sloppy joes my mom's way as I call it with spices and tomato sauce.  As I was pouring in the sauce I remembered that hubby thought they were bland last time.  He is more  of a mamwich guy.  So I grabbed mustard, bbque sauce, some other spices and just threw them all in.  It was kind of funny but I kept tasting as I went and thought hmmm this is not half bad.  I knew I could not tell him all that was in it or he wouldn't eat it and it got me thinking about how our marriage works. 

I kind of just throw everything in and he deals.  And by deals I mean he will either help me make something amazing with it all or he will help me sort it out throw it all away and move on.  He is pretty amazing like that.  I think that this method is how we landed where we are now and how we are reaching for the stars. 

I am a throw it all in girl while he is a I will try a little here and a little there maybe wait till next time.  We balance each other out. He is also the one who will totally lie when I have thrown too much in or when frankly all that I have thrown in is crazy.  Lie might be a strong word he will fib a reaction till I look at his face and read it for exactly what he is thinking. 

Grateful for his patience and understanding is an understatement!  He will tell you that when we got together I warned him of this and many other nuances I have such as tasting his food every time he orders something different than me.  But to me warning or not he loves me and all my "throw it all in"!

Needless to say I got a call about 7:30 that night asking what was in dinner.  That he was hungry and had a sandwich and a half but can I please not make that again!  He even reminded me of that one time I thought I overspiced and didn't, this time I did!  And he so busted that there was mustard in it.  Which he does not like.  Just as I was saying sorry he had moved on to the next thing while I was still stuck wondering if it was really that bad!

2 comments:

  1. my husband and i have a very similar relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY lucky! My hubby is SUPER picky!

    ReplyDelete